Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Birch

















Fall Birch

Today's photos were taken on October 25, 2003 in Holyrood Swimming Park. I photographed the colourful birch trees as well as several abstract views of birch bark. Today I am sharing a few of the abstract shots that emphasize shapes and textures.

As you view the images today ask yourself if you remember ever looking that closely at the bark of a tree. Children explore things up close, but as they grow older, most begin take the things around them for granted.

When my kids were young I watched them explore the world around them and I began to see, and photograph, things they paid attention to. Now I see the excitement of my grandchildren as they explore their worlds. As a result, I make photos of interesting things that I see including shapes and textures in the bark of a tree! :)

If you check my Blog this morning you wills notice that I have converted some images to b & w. Feel free to let me know if you prefer the colour or b & w.




Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...