Monday, June 22, 2015

Gorge Park













Gorge Park

The Exploits River is the longest river on the island of Newfoundland and flows by the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor. I made a few photos of the river and surroundings in Gorge Park, otherwise known as the "Boat Launch".

Though I grew up and explored many parts of the river as a young boy, I don't remember seeing this part of the river before. The Town has built a lovely park with walking trails near this very scenic part of the river where you can view the rapids and interesting rock structures carved by the rough water over thousands of years.


There were people salmon fishing there and I made a few photos of them so you can get an idea of the size of the surrounding rocks and how rough the water is in that area.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...