Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Roses




















Roses

Three years ago I purchased three small rose plants that were on sale at Wal-Mart.  I asked a lady how big they grew and she said they grow to 4 feet high.  As a result I planted them in three separate places in my yard.  They grew well and produced many blooms, however in two years they didn't grow any more than a foot high. 

Last Fall I built a new flower garden and planned to move the three plants in early spring.  I tied red tape around each so I could find them easily.  In early April, I moved the three plants to their new location.  When I was planting them, one fell apart and I ended up with 4 plants in the new location.  After cutting back the old dead growth I waited for a couple of months to see if they survived the move.  I was pleased that they were growing and couldn't wait for them to bud. 


The photos today were taken over a few days and you can see that they add beauty and colour to my yard.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...