Thursday, August 14, 2014

Desktop Backgrounds 5







Desktop Backgrounds 5

This is the last of my Desktop Backgrounds Series for now.  I have many more but may consider another series later on.  As I stated at the beginning of the series, the images I am sharing must have really struck me at the time for one reason or another.  I know that I remember them well and am happy to share them with you. 

Colourful fall leaves and clouds touching the top of Gros Morne Mountain were beautiful to view.

I was driving along the highway in the late 70s and saw my brother-in-law walking his horse and sled.  I stopped and let my son ride along for a while, and of course I took a few photos.  This image was subsequently published in the Grand Falls Advertiser and as a Christmas Card published in this province.

Views of rocks and ice in Holyrood and a house and lake in Chapels Cove were also great backgrounds that I enjoyed for a period of time.

The town of Trouty in Trinity Bay was devastated by Hurricane Igor a few years ago and most fishing stages along the river were washed away by the rushing water.  This photo was taken in 1982 and I am certain residents from the area will see a huge difference in the community since then.

Believe it or not, blueberries around here are almost ready to pick.  This is ahead of last year by a few weeks.  I've always liked the photo with raindrops on the berries.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.
Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...