Friday, July 04, 2014

Twillingate Icebergs










Twillingate Icebergs

For the past week I have been travelling with my brothers and Dad on our annual "Man's Trip" which took us to the Burin Peninsula, Harry's Harbour and Twillingate.  Normally I would share the photos in the order they were taken, however, because there were so many icebergs in the Twillingate area, I decided to start with images of the icebergs.

I have never seen so many icebergs in one year and, after speaking with a 92 year old man in Twillingate who said the same thing, I concluded it is the most in the last 100 years.  Not only are the icebergs high in numbers, they are also large in size.  Compare the size of the icebergs with the boats in the photos. 


In addition, pay attention to how close the icebergs are to the shore.  Imagine the views the residents of Twillingate and surrounding communities have from their homes these days.  Because the icebergs are so big, they are going to be around for a while yet!

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...