Friday, November 22, 2013

Dealey Plaza






Dealey Plaza

I'm Back!!

We have just returned from quite an adventure. On October 17, we flew to London, then on to Barcelona where we spent a couple of days before boarding Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas for a 7 day cruise in the Western Mediterranean. Then we stayed aboard for a 13 day cruise across the Atlantic Ocean. After 9 days of cruising we stopped on the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean then on to San Juan, Puerto Rico with our last stop in Nassau in the Bahamas before docking in Fort Lauderdale on November 9. We spent another 10 days with friends in Florida before heading home after 35 days on the road.

As you can imagine, it was quite the trip and I have lots of new images to add to my stock photo collection. My plan is to share many of them with you over the next while. It will take a day or so before I download and edit the 4000 images I made, so today, since it is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK, I am sharing photos I took in Dallas, Texas in 1990.

Like most people old enough to remember the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, I can tell you where I was when I first heard of the tragic event. It was a Friday afternoon and I was one of a group of high school students playing badminton in the school gym. While we were playing, a radio broadcast about the assassination was played over the PA system. Like others around the world, we were in shock. Even though I was only 14 years old at the time, and not really concerned about world events, I realized that it was an important historical event.


Over the years I read several books about the assassination and, like many others was never convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald was the only person involved in the shooting of the President. When I was in Dallas in 1990, I visited Dealey Plaza and made a few photos of the Book Depository and the window from which the fatal shots were fired.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...