Thursday, November 28, 2013

Barcelona 5

























Barcelona 5

This is the last of the Barcelona Series.  

As I stated earlier in the week, I tried to make more photographs of people this year.  Our walk through the Gothic Quarter ended at the bottom of La Rambla where there were several "human statues" set up on both sides of the street.  I made photos of most of them and have included them in the 25 photos on my Blog this morning.  If you haven't seen human statues before, these people stay very still until someone puts money in a can - then they do their short act that usually involves getting the person to pose with them. 

I have seen a couple of them previously, but the alien was new to me.  It was the weirdest costume and act of all that were there that day.  As you can see from the photo above, the alien pretended that it was going to eat the person and, to be honest, people got a little nervous because of how close it invaded their personal space.


Quite a few people posed with Galileo, but the most popular (at least during the few minutes I was there) was the painter, who got people to hold a frame as he posed with them.  Check my Blog to see other photos of the human statues.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...