Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vegetables 2






Thanks for the positive comments on the vegetable photos I sent yesterday. I have tried growing vegetables for years and was never very successful. This year they are growing well so I assume the topsoil I purchased is good. Actually, I bought the best grade topsoil which had been composted with chicken manure, so that may be the secret.

I have included a view of the vegetable garden that was taken from my veranda. You can see that I still have three raised beds that are not filled. Now that I know things will grow, I plan to purchase more topsoil in the fall. You can see in the foreground that I still haven't planted a lawn. This year I planted nasturtiums, but am hoping to plan a few flower and vegetable gardens in that space instead of a lawn.

The second photo shows one of my four beds of potatoes. As you can see the plants are growing well and I hope the potatoes under the ground are also growing. :)

Last fall I transplanted several blueberry bushes to one of the beds. Most survived and you can see that they are producing fruit. Now that I know the bushes can be transplanted, I plan to get many more later this fall. If it works, I should get enough blueberries to last us a year.




No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...