Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year




Thanks for all the New Year's Greetings and congratulations on the 6th Anniversary of my Photo of the Day.

This morning I went back into my files to the mid seventies and early eighties. The originals were taken using Kodachrome 64 slide film.

The first photo was taken on a cold morning in Central Newfoundland in Beothuck Park near Grand Falls-Windsor. I remember trying to capture the image of freshly-fallen snow on the twigs.

The second and third photos were taken behind my house in Holyrood on one of the trails I discovered during my first winter living on the Salmonier Line. Again, I was trying to capture the freshly-fallen snow on the trees.

This year we still don't have enough snow to snowshoe so I haven't been out in the back much. As well, the hunting season closes this week so I won't be in danger as I walk through the woods. I am sure I'll get opportunities to make Winter photos between now and the end of March!

1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce....there is lots of snow here for all of the winter activities! :) It's just the cold we can do without! lol
The reflection pics today were neat! Thanks :)

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...