Thursday, April 19, 2007

Painted Bunting

On one of my walks around Citrus Park, I spoke to a man who told me that 4 or 5 painted buntings visited his bird feeder on a regular basis. He invited me to sit in his chair and wait for them to come. I waited silently for 35 minutes before they came by. The male birds are quite colourful with a blue head, red breast and yellow back. The females are light green. These birds are fairly small, about 5 inches in length. (size of a junco or goldfinch). Believe it or not, when they flew into the trees, they were almost impossible to see.

I took quite a few photos before they flew away and have put 6 more on a Gallery on my web site. Feel free to check them out at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/painted_bunting/painted_bunting_01.htm


No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...