Sunday, April 22, 2007

Holyrood Ice

As most of you know, I try too keep current with my Photo of the Day. I am interrupting the Florida series for today to share a couple of photos I took yesterday here in Holyrood.

Because of the wind direction over the past week or 10 days, sea ice has been pushed into bays and harbours all along our coast. A few pieces, about the size of a small iceberg have been attracting quite a bit of attention from both visitors and locals here in my home town.

The shapes and textures of these pieces of ice are very interesting and photogenic. I have placed 14 other images on a web site for those of you who would like to see more.
http://www.lanephotography.com/holyrood/holyrood_ice/holyrood_ice_01.htm



1 comment:

Unknown said...

While your Florida shots are nice the NL pictures of the ice take the prize!

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...