Sunday, September 24, 2017

Grates Cove 3, 2003










Grates Cove 3, 2003

Grates Cove is located near Bay de Verde on the tip of the northwest Avalon Peninsula. The photos in this series were taken on two separate days during the summer of 2003.  In today's post you will see photos of the cliffs and remnants of old fishing stages, some of which are near the top. I imagine most of the ones still standing in 2003 are gone now.


While exploring the cliffs, I made photos of the community, the boats in the harbour, an old fishing stage that was in bad shape, and a root cellar that someone had built close to a rocky outcrop.  I wondered how the owner got to in during the long winter months.

Comments are welcome!

Feel free to share with family and friends.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...