Monday, May 11, 2015

Battle Harbour 12






















Battle Harbour 12

Boats, houses, windows, and the church are the main subjects of today's photos.
I have been planning this series for a while and decided to share the photos of Battle Harbour in the order they were taken. Visiting Battle Harbour was like travelling back in time for a day because the old houses, and that includes both the restored and the dilapidated, had no power lines, paved driveways or roads. That is unusual this day and age.

I don't mean to give you the impression that there is no electricity in the community. There is a generator, but the wires have been buried underground and are not a distraction to the scenery, yet every restored home has electricity.



I also uploaded photos of an outhouse. There is running water and bathrooms in all the restored houses but a couple of outhouses were left to show visitors what it was like there years ago.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...